Families all across the nation will celebrate Father's Day on Sunday, June 21. The word father rings a clear bell in the mind of every single individual because no one was ever born into the world with having one. A father can be present or missing from the life of a child, yet the word itself has power to evoke strong emotions and thoughts. To the tongue-tied child who wants to say "I love you" to dad on Father's Day in 2015, here are ten quotes to jot down before handing a card to him on Sunday.
Quotes About Fathers:
1) "A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely. In the hour of need, when all else fails, we remember him upon whose knees we sat when children, and who soothed our sorrows; and even though he may be unable to assist us, his mere presence serves to comfort and strengthen us." ― Émile Gaboriau, File No. 113
2) "It has been said that as goes the family, so goes the world. It can also be said that as goes the father, so goes the family." ― Voddie T. Baucham Jr., Family Shepherds: Calling and Equipping Men to Lead Their Homes
3) "We never get over our fathers, and we're not required to. (Irish Proverb)" ― Martin Sheen, Along the Way: The Journey of a Father and Son
4) "Dads are like chocolate chip cookies; they may have chips or be totally nutty, but they are sweet and make the world a better place, especially for their children." ― Hillary Lytle
5) "The strength of a man is in his character. A strong man is great man of wisdom who understands, his top priority is to his family." ― Ellen J. Barrier, The Price We Must Pay for Our Father's Sins
6) "He wanted a father, and for the same reason, he wanted to be a father." ― Ian McEwan, Atonement
7) "Spiritual fathers have influence over the lives of individuals. Patriarchs have influence over families. The devil has been able to destroy families because there is a lack of spiritual fathers and patriarchs." ― Sherry K. White
8) "There is no teacher equal to mother and there's nothing more contagious than the dignity of a father." ― Amit Ray, World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird
9) "A father's tears and fears are unseen, his love is unexpressed, but his care and protection remains as a pillar of strength throughout our lives." ― Ama H.Vanniarachchy
10) "... Genesis 18 calls fathers to direct their children to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just. Being a parent means working in God's behalf to provide direction for your children. Directors are in charge. It involves knowing and helping them to understand God's standard for children's behavior. It means teaching them that they are sinners by nature. It includes pointing them to the mercy and grace of God shown in Christ's life and death for sinners." ― Tedd Tripp, Shepherding a Child's Heart👉기독교 종합일간지 '기독일보 구독신청 바로가기'